Free tool for your change and obsolescence management
This free tool enables you to generate standardised notifications of discontinuation and changes in pdf and compliant digital format and send them by e-mail. Likewise, the import of VDMA24903 or smartPCN compliant “.pcn” files or “.zip” containers is enabled to view and edit them.
The VDMA standard sheet 24903 named “Obsolescence Management – Exchange of information regarding change and discontinuance of products and items” has established itself as a national and international industry standard since the end of 2017.
In order to provide users in various industries, i.e. manufacturers and operators as well as suppliers and customers, with a practical tool for this purpose, the freely accessible and usable PCN generator has also been published with the VDMA Standard Sheet 24903.
The aim is to enable change (PCN) and discontinuation notifications (PDN) through the entire supply chain digitally and to standardize them from the start.
In this way, the previously high manual effort for all participants can be minimized, and partially missing and wrong information can be avoided.
- Defined data structure with selected, practice-relevant mandatory fields (master data, items concerned, description & attachments)
- Combine as many items as you wish per notification
- Upload any number of attachments in any format
- Readable by humans and machines
SMARTPCN & JEDEC COMPLIANT
- The PCN generator is forward and backward compatible with the smartPCN format of the Component Obsolescence Group Deutschland e.V.
- In addition, notifications according to international standards, such as J-STD-046 or J-STD-048, can also be read, processed and generated
FULLY INTEGRATED IN AMSYS LCM CLIENTS
- Every user of our Life Cycle Management (LCM) Client gets his own PCNGenerator free of charge and integrated into his individualized system
EXAMPLES OF APPLICATION
- Your company independently sends standardized notifications to customers
- Your suppliers and manufacturers are requested, or at best contractually obliged, to send you standardised change & discontinuation notices for specific itmes