Do the lifecycles of your systems no longer match the lifecycles of required components and spare parts?
This seminar is intended to provide you with relevant knowledge on problem solving with Obsolescence Management. It introduces participants to the field of Obsolescence Management and supports those with prior knowledge to gain more detailed insights in this field.
This seminar is also a prerequisite for progression to certification as Obsolescence Manager “IIOM Associate Grade”.
This two-day seminar workshop examines and demonstrates the origins of obsolescence as well as how to counter the effects with comprehensive – reactive, proactive and strategic – Obsolescence Management.
In addition, the two days of the event leave plenty of room for a range of practical workshops and detailed analyses. Contractual aspects and legal framework conditions will also be discussed.
- What does obsolescence mean?
- Types and triggers of obsolescence, future outlook
Change and Discontinuation Management
- Types/effects of Product Change (PCN) and Product Discontinuance Notices (PDN)
- Information handling and digitisation of PCNs/PDNs
Obsolescence Management (OM)
- Possibilities of comprehensive Obsolescence Management according to international standards
- Differentiation between OM strategies and OM plans, as well as their contents
Reactive Obsolescence Management
- Significance, areas of application and possible solutions
- Workshop: Development of an interdisciplinary process flow
Proactive Obsolescence Management
- Importance as well as costs and savings opportunities
- Training in a robust OM risk analysis process
Obsolescence Management Tools
- Automation of processes, evaluations and reports
- Overview of support tools, software and databases
Strategic Obsolescence Management
- OM as part of a company-wide strategy from development to after-sales service
- Reduction of obsolescence throughout the complete product life cycle, e.g. in contracts
- Comparison of OM approaches and best practice examples
- Q & A session
- Brief trainer impulses, exercises, individual and group work, discussion and exchange of experiences
Conditions of participation: The participation fee for this event is inclusive of conference documents, lunches and pause drinks plus 19% VAT per person and is due upon receipt of the invoice. Upon receipt of your registration you will receive a confirmation. Cancellation (only in writing) is possible free of charge within 8 weeks before the start of the event; up to 4 weeks before the start of the event, half of the participation fee will be charged. In case of cancellation thereafter, the entire participation fee is due. We gladly accept a substitute participant without additional costs. The organizer reserves the right to cancel the conference if necessary. In this case, the amount already paid will be refunded. In case of cancellation by the organizer, the already incurred flight, travel and hotel costs are not reimbursed by the organizer.