Change and Configuration Management
This course teaches a basic understanding of Configuration Management using a practical example, i.e. the participants have the opportunity to try out specifics of what they have learned in a project and experience the effects of it. The participants work in teams in order to experience the Configuration Management activities as realistically as possible. The example simulates essential parts of the product life cycle.
Short lecture blocks provide the theoretical knowledge necessary for the next step. Sufficient discussion time ensures an in-depth understanding.
This seminar workshop examines and demonstrates relevant knowledge about the basics and requirements of Configuration Management.
- You learn how the standards (ISO 1007 and ANSI / EIA 649) understand and define Configuration Management
- You learn the typical sub-functions of Configuration Management and what is behind that
- You learn that Configuration Management is a team task and how it should be organized
- Introduction to Configuration Management
- What is Configuration Management
- The Five Functions of Configuration Management
- The configuration unit
- Baseline Management
- Configuration identification
- Product structures
- Numbering conventions
- Naming conventions
- The process of identification
- Main aspects of change control
- Change requests
- Amendment procedure
- Change process
- Configuration accounting
- Configuration reports
- Master Record Index
- CR Status Report
- Configuration System Audit
- Functional Configuration Audit (FCA)
- Physical Configuration Audit (PCA)
- Audit Reports
- Brief trainer impulses, exercises, individual and group work, discussion and exchange of experiences
- Dipl.-Ing. Hans-Georg Dueck, AMSYS GmbH
Conditions of participation: The participation fee for this event is inclusive of conference documents, lunches and pause drinks plus 19% VAT per person and is due upon receipt of the invoice. Upon receipt of your registration you will receive a confirmation. Cancellation (only in writing) is possible free of charge within 8 weeks before the start of the event; up to 4 weeks before the start of the event, half of the participation fee will be charged. In case of cancellation thereafter, the entire participation fee is due. We gladly accept a substitute participant without additional costs. The organizer reserves the right to cancel the conference if necessary. In this case, the amount already paid will be refunded. In case of cancellation by the organizer, the already incurred flight, travel and hotel costs are not reimbursed by the organizer.